The oral health care services provided by the Department of Social Services and Health in the City of Lahti is divided into three sectors: dental care for children and young people, dental care for adults, and specialist dental care.
Dental care services for children and young people cover the age group of 0–17 years. The majority of children and young people in this age group get their dental care through dental clinics affiliated with local schools. The frequency of check-ups and treatments is determined individually for each child.
The adult population normally has to wait to see a dentist.
Lahti City Hospital, Harjukatu 48, 15100 Lahti, Finland, tel. +358 (0)3 818 4910
Duty dentists see patients from Monday to Friday between 08.00 and 16.00, and at weekends, bank holidays and the days immediately before public holidays between 09.00 and 12.00.
To book an appointment, please call +358 (0)3 818 4911.
The offices of oral health care services are located at Oikokatu 11, 2nd floor, 15140 Lahti, Finland, and can be contacted by telephone on +358 (0)3 818 11 or by fax on +358 (0)3 818 4900.
Chief Medical Officer, Dental Care, tel. +358 (0)3 818 4902
Chief Nursing Officer, Dental Care, tel. +358 (0)3 8184 904
Remember to look after your teeth!
To prevent cavities,
- Divide what you eat between 5 or 6 different times throughout the day.
- Drink water when you are thirsty.
- Chew a piece of xylitol gum after each meal.
- Take fluoride tablets as instructed by your dentist to streng then the enamel on your teeth.
- Clean your teeth twice a day using a soft toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Clean between the teeth using toothpicks or dental floss before brushing.
- For more information on the best dental care just for you, ask your dentist on your next visit.
| Print page