Updated 1.3.2022 at 17.00
General recommendations are in use:
- Wear a face mask
- Keep a safe distance from others
- Maintain a good hand hygiene
- Sneeze properly
- Work remotely if possible
Events and gatherings
Starting from March 1st 2022, there are no gathering restrictions in Päijät-Häme.
- Swimming halls, saunas and gyms are open
- Indoor sports facilities and group activities are open
Follow the hygiene guidelines.
- Libraries: Use hand sanitizer and a face mask in the Lahti library facilities.
- Museums: The museums in Lahti are open.
- Theatres: Lahti City Theatres shows continue on March 4th.
- Lahti Symphony Orchestra: Sinfonia Lahti’s next public symphony concert at Sibelius Hall will take place on Thursday, March 10, 2022. Prior to this, you can watch the concerts online. More information on the orchestra’s website.
- Wellamo Community College: Teaching has continued as contact teaching.
- Pikkuteatteri and Vaahterasali activities have continued February 2.
- The Lahti Winter Carnival for Children is postponed. Link to the website of Children’s Cultural Centre Efekti.
The youth facilities are open. Follow the hygiene guidelines and keep a safe distance from others.
Palvelutori Service Centre
The Service Centre is open Mon–Fri on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We recommend using online and telephone services. The Lahti-Piste customer service point is responsible for providing the city’s general service information via firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 3 814 2355 and the chat service.
Check the opening hours of the operators at lahti.fi/palvelutori
LSL public transport in the Lahti region recommends the use of face masks in public transport. The mask should be put on before getting on the bus.
Check the impact of the coronavirus situation on public transport on the LSL Lahti region transport website.
Schools, upper secondary schools and early childhood education and care
The spring semester of Lahti primary schools and upper secondary schools started on Monday, 10 January 2022 in contact teaching, and school work started according to normal procedures and schedules. We will continue to follow the national recommendations and regulations regarding the organisation of teaching. If there are any changes to the organisation of contact teaching, we will provide separate information accordingly.
The Päijät-Häme Joint Authority for Health and Wellbeing will inform schools and day-care units of any coronavirus cases confirmed in the units, but detailed tracing at the units will no longer be carried out. In any COVID-19 cases, the Joint Authority’s instructions shall be followed.
When a guardian detects that their child has infection symptoms, the child must not go to school or day care. Check the current guidelines on the websites of basic education services, early childhood education and care services and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare THL.
The THL website should also be checked for the Government’s travel restrictions and the quarantine recommendations for those returning from abroad.
Further information: Detailed tracing of COVID-19 cases in schools and early childhood education and care units will no longer be carried out.
Further information: Instructions for pupils, guardians and staff provided by basic education services
Further information: Upper secondary education
Further information: Instructions for guardians and staff provided by City of Lahti’s early childhood education and care services
Mask recommendation for schools
- The recommendation to wear masks starts from the fourth-grade pupils and also applies to students in secondary-education and higher education institutions. Municipalities will provide masks for schools.
- In upper secondary schools, the mask recommendation applies to both the students and staff. In upper secondary schools, the school will provide masks for first-year students, who are within the scope of compulsory education, and the school staff.
Looking for information on decisions on coronavirus restrictions?
You can read more about the decisions on the website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.