Upper secondary education services
All of the upper secondary schools in Lahti have a general programme with each school specialising in a specific area: The Kannas upper secondary school has a visual arts and design programme and an IB programme, Lahden lyseo has a mathematics and natural science programme and a sports and exercise programme, the Tiirismaa upper secondary school has a music programme and the Nastopoli upper secondary school in Nastola, which will become part of upper secondary education in Lahti on 1 August 2016, has a technology programme. There are more than 2,000 students in the four upper secondary schools in the city.
Why choose an upper secondary school in Lahti?
- Tools for acquiring, evaluating and producing information critically
- Electronic study materials
- Eligibility for university education
- Corporate co-operation
- Internationality, language skills, exchange students
- Free health care services
- New friends
- The best basis for further studies at a university, a university of applied sciences and post-secondary vocational education
- Time to think about your future profession while receiving general knowledge
- University studies during the upper secondary education
- An extensive range of subjects and courses and the opportunity to choose from a versatile supply of courses by all of the upper secondary schools
- Responsibility and independence
- Senior students' dance and the school-leaving celebration ("penkkarit")
- The student cap
The upper secondary school is a second degree educational institution based on basic education.
Co-operation takes place with universities, the Lahti University Campus and working life. The upper secondary school work experience course LukioTET is carried out together with local technology businesses, Salpaus Further Education and the Lahti University of Applied Sciences. The upper secondary schools in Lahti are involved in the regional upper secondary education co-operation programme of Päijät-Häme.