The operational area of the Päijät-Häme waste board covers 10 municipalities: Asikkala, Heinola, Hollola, Kärkölä, Lahti, Myrskylä, Orimattila, Padasjoki, Pukkila and Sysmä.
The waste management authority's duties include:
- issuing waste management regulations
- exception decisions regarding waste management regulations
- approving the waste tax
- deciding on waste payments
- collecting waste payments
- deciding on waste transport systems
- monitoring waste transports
- maintaining the waste transport registry
- exception decisions regarding joining a communal waste management system
Päijät-Häme waste board, email@example.com, tel. +358 (0)44 416 4352
Postal address: Askonkatu 2, 15100 Lahti
Visiting address: Lahti-Piste service point, library, Kirkkokatu 31, 15140 Lahti
Joining a waste transport programme
Each real estate owner must make an agreement with a waste transport company.
Municipal waste processing and recovering duties and waste counselling are handled by Päijät-Hämeen Jätehuolto Oy.
Joining a waste transport programme tel. 03 871 1766