Local government pilot on employment for the Lahti region
The local government pilot on employment for the Lahti region will start on 1st March 2021. During the pilot, some of the duties of the public Employment and Economic Development Offices (TE Offices) are transferred to the responsibility of municipalities. The pilot will last until 30th June 2023.
After the start of the local government pilot, some of the jobseekers will become customers of municipalities, while others stay with the TE office. The municipality is responsible for the services of the customers who are transferred to the local government pilot. In addition to Lahti also Asikkala, Hollola, Kärkölä and Orimattila are a part of the local government pilot for the Lahti region.
Jobseekers are automatically transferred as customers of the local government pilot
You do not need to find out yourself whether you are a customer of the local government pilot on employment. If you are within the scope of the pilot, you will be notified personally either by letter or via the e-service.
- If you are a customer of the TE Office, you will be notified automatically about the transfer to the local government pilot.
- The transfer to the local government pilot will not affect your unemployment security, and it will not result in any additional obligations for you.
- If you are a new jobseeker, register in the e-services of the TE Office. Customers within the scope of the local government pilot will be referred to the pilot project by the TE Office.
Who are the customers of the local government pilot?
You are a customer of the local government pilot if you have registered as a jobseeker and your municipality of residence is part of a regional pilot and you are unemployed, laid-off, employed or enrolled in a service promoting employment and belong to one of the following groups:
- you are not entitled to an earnings-based allowance; instead, you receive a labour market subsidy or a basic unemployment allowance from Kela
- your native language is not Finnish, Swedish or Saami, or your nationality is not Finnish
- you are under 30 years old.
A personal coach will contact you
As a customer of the local government pilot, you will receive your own personal coach and agree on future communications with them. The coach will help you map out your situation and guide you forward on the service path towards looking for a job and finding employment.
- Check the e-service to ensure that your status as a jobseeker is valid.
- Keep looking for work actively.
- Your personal coach will contact you.