Lahti residents of all ages can submit their ideas to the City of Lahti during the idea submission stage 23 August–17 September 2021.
Ideas can be proposed for any of the areas. The proposed idea must be linked to one of the four themes and be realizable by the City. The City has the right to further develop and edit the ideas.
Two gift vouchers worth €50 for the City’s cultural services are drawn among those submitting an idea.
Before submitting your idea, consider the following:
- Does your idea fall within the remit of the City? For instance, introducing a new auditorium at Finnkino or a Health Kiosk at Trio, or improving a cycling path on road sections managed by the state do not fall within the City’s remit.
- Does your idea fit in the budget (up to €40,000/area)?
- Is your idea linked to any of the themes: communality, the environment, well-being, and children and young people
- Which City service area could your idea concern?
- Which area in the city does your idea concern?
What happens to the ideas after the idea submission stage?
The City’s experts assess the ideas received in October, based on the following criteria:
- The idea must be lawful
- The idea must fall within the City’s remit
- The idea is linked to communality, the environment, well-being or children and young people
- The costs of the idea fit in the budget (up to €40,000/area)
- The City must be able to maintain the proposed initiative in the future, and it must not, for instance, require hiring permanent staff
- The idea is non-commercial
- The idea is non-discriminatory and promotes equality