The curriculum guides teaching in Lahti’s basic education, pre-school education and additional basic education. In Lahti, the focus of the curriculum is on bringing up healthy and broad-minded children and teenagers.
The curriculum guides how work is carried out at schools and which things are important for the pupil’s learning and well-being. In addition to these, key themes in Lahti include the significance of encountering the child and teenager, inclusion and wide-ranging competence as part of lifelong learning.
The curriculum contains e.g.
- Values and operating culture
- Consistency of teaching and cooperation in transition phases
- Wide-ranging competence – as an integral part of lifelong learning
- Defragmentation of teaching and multidisciplinary learning units
- Pupils’ right to a safe learning environment
- Assessment of pupils’ learning and competence
- Objectives and contents of the subjects